Nordstrom Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance and matching 401(k) retirement plans. Employees also receive paid vacation and holidays.
See below for current employment opportunities. You may fill out the employment application for these positions or for future consideration at any time and we will keep your resume on file for six months.
Card Services Representative
Nordstrom Federal Credit Union is seeking a Card Service Representative to join our team. Previous financial experience of card processing preferred. Responsible for the Debit/ATM, Credit and Prepaid card programs, including potential program changes and the management of process improvements. Serve as the primary resource for card related products in support of the Senior Vice President and credit union initiatives. Serve members' needs by handling credit, debit, ATM and/or prepaid card inquiries over the phone or in person and process financial transactions. Provide account information to members, open new plastic card accounts, and field additional member requests relating to plastic cards. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop, apply, and evaluate policies and procedures for all plastic card programs to maximize efficiency, quality of work, and to provide consistent quality service to members.
• Ensure compliance with rules and regulations governing plastic cards.
• Handle all VISA Debit and Credit card dispute and fraud cases. Compile and maintain fraud files. Assist members facilitate the filing of prepaid card disputes through vendor and follow-up on necessary actions as required.
• Monitor and research compromised card events and keep up-to-date with industry standard. Review card limits, stand-in limits and recommend changes to mitigate credit union risk. Monitor CAMs list and follow credit union procedures for sending letters and/or blocking and replacing cards.
• Use multiple applications to provide detailed information to cardholders regarding account balances, payment information, authorizations, and accrued interest.
• Pull and process daily card settlement reports and balance sheets for all card programs.
• Maintain and document all card settlement reports, JV entries and balance documentation. Retain electronically.
• Work closely with card vendors and third party service providers to insure quality service and accurate processing.
• Support, promote, and cross-sell credit union products and services.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: 1 – 2 years related experience, preferably 3 – 5 years banking experience
Skills & Abilities:
• Accurate 10-key skills and keyboarding/typing skills
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
• Good organizational and filing skills.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
• Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
• Must maintain very satisfactory attendance.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.